Permalog® enables water suppliers to quickly and efficiently locate leaks in the water network. Loggers are deployed in areas of the distribution system to provide continuous monitoring of leakage. Easily installed on pipe fittings, they are retained in place by a strong magnet and are powered by low-cost replaceable batteries.As soon as a potential leak is detected, the Permalog® unit enters an alarm state and transmits a radio signal to indicate a "LEAK" condition.
The effectiveness of Permalog® technology has been proven again and again in some of the harshest conditions on earth. Loggers are immersion-tested to IP68 and will continue to operate even in flooded chambers. Water suppliers can monitor 100% of their distribution system confidently and effectively, enabling leakage to be reduced quickly, and easily maintained at a low level.
The new Permalog+ includes Aqualog extended logging functionality, where noise is recorded at preset intervals over an extended period of time. The logger can store up to twenty-nine days of level and spread history and the noise trends identified can then be presented in graph format, enabling the user to distinguish clearly between a leak and non-leak noise. The highly versatile logger has user changeable plastic/metallic alarm threshold settings and allows data to be accessed via:
Patroller “Drive By” - data is transmitted via radio to a moving patrol vehicle using a Patroller system
- Flexible deployment options – permanent, semi-permanent or survey (as required by area)
- Responds rapidly to new mains bursts, improving service to customers
- Automates leak surveying, eliminating human error and finding leaks that would otherwise be missed
- Completely non-invasive method with no detrimental effects on supply to consumers
- Loggers can be quickly deployed and used repeatedly with no disruption to the surrounding area.
- Low cost battery replacement and rugged construction enable long term low leakage levels to be maintained easily with minimum maintenance.
Market Dependant: Varying Sizes for Aerial Used
Height to Top of TNC:
123mm, width: 50mm width
Typically 5 years depending on the mode of operation